1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

GOODBYE TOPPER

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by oldbuzzard, Nov 11, 2008.

1. oldbuzzard

oldbuzzard Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 14, 2008
    cuba, new york
    when i got my chicks from McMurrays they sent a free chick. it turned out to be a golden polish we named Topper. well he attacks everyone and the wife said the highway or the table. i am a softy and did not want the table. i put ad at the feed mill to try find him a home, but no luck. the neighbour has cancer and his wife called at 5 am yesterday to say she can't the crowing every morning before 5am. she is wore out. well you know whats got to happen!! so i went to the mill in last ditch effort to see if they knew anybody that would take him. the man there said he knew a farmer that would be happy to take him! so his life was spared today and will live to crow another! i am sure gonna miss him!

2. lovemychix

lovemychix Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 14, 2008
    Moulton Iowa
    I had to give mine away too. [​IMG] At least he got a good home!!

3. Pumpkinpup

Pumpkinpup Poultry Princess

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    [​IMG]

4. Whirlwind

Whirlwind Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2007
    Tuttle, Oklahoma
    Sorry about your Topper. Sounds like he found a good home. You will miss the crowing tho.

5. basicliving

basicliving Keepin' the sunny side up

Mar 20, 2008
    Shenandoah Valley, VA
    [​IMG] I really am sorry. At least you didn't have to do "the deed" though. I'm glad you found him a nice home.

Penny

6. birdlover

birdlover Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Northern Va.
    Sorry about Topper but so glad he got a home!

7. oldbuzzard

Oct 14, 2008
    cuba, new york
    thx!

8. 77horses

77horses ◊The Spontaneous Pullet!◊

Aug 19, 2008
    [CONFIDENTIAL]
    i am a softy and did not want the table.

yay! another softy like me! [​IMG] hurray for softies! lol

anyways, I'm so sorry about your rooster. [​IMG] [​IMG] But I'm glad you found him a new home! [​IMG]

9. mamaKate

mamaKate Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 9, 2008
    SE MO
    I'm glad Topper has a good home. I wish I could have roosters here. It isn't illegal, just considered bad form.

10. oldbuzzard

Oct 14, 2008
    cuba, new york
    thank you ! i am glad he has a good home too! really gonna miss though. maybe a new one next year!?!?!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by