Goodlord, Joon needs her own story as well!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Morgan7782, May 23, 2010.

1. Morgan7782

Morgan7782 Dense Egg Goo

Mar 22, 2010
    Sacramento CA
    LOL! This chick is something else! Barred Rock, of course haha. 7 weeks old, and she is CHASING my 57 lb pit bull around the yard! Tommy was trying to get water from the waterbowl, and she charged him, snaking her neck. Needless to say he hightailed it away, ears back and tail tucked. Then, she chased him away from his beloved Kong! He was NOT happy with that though, and bowed at her, and she finally took Munk and raced away. No harm done, I was right there, but man I am impressed with this girl's GUTS! She has no issues chasing my dog around the yard, and is darn near fearless. It is too funny to see a huge pit bull running from a 7 week old chick!!!!

Last edited: May 23, 2010
  2. chicken_china_mom

chicken_china_mom Crazy for Cochins

Apr 24, 2009
    Tab, Indiana
    I have a 6 week old Barred Rock pullet named Hope. While she isn't quite as fearless as Joon, she sure does have TONS of personality, and I love watching her play. BR's are so much fun!

3. Morgan7782

Morgan7782 Dense Egg Goo

Mar 22, 2010
    Sacramento CA
    They really are! My first two chicks/hens were BR and I couldn't have been happier. Wonderful layers and personality galore! And even though I only have two pullets, the pecking order is so clear and the personalities goes with it smoothly! Joon is assertive, rambunctious, and protective. Munk, my EE, is 'submissive', calm, and a TOTAL follower to Joon. Joon is Munk's LIFE lol. I can't wait for their first eggs, this has been so much fun and if you can believe it BYC talked me into getting chicks for certain, and were with me through the entire coop/run building. I love this place [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Next spring I am hoping to get two more chicks, but I will probably go with more less dominating breeds just so Joon doesn't have any serious competetition. She enjoys her throne haha.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by