Goodness!! We are melting over here!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by missusduray, Jul 22, 2007.

1. missusduray

missusduray Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2007
    Northern Minnesota
    I didnt think that it could get this hot here. It is about 100 degrees outside. The humidity is what is killing us. Humidity is 62%!! We dont have central air but our window air conditioner is running non stop! My hens are panting and I feel bad for my broody hen sitting in the coop. I just had to share. I know that it is probably worse elsewhere. How is everyone elses weather?
    Kristyne

2. urbanhomesteader

urbanhomesteader Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2007
    Yorba Linda, CA
    Poor thing. I hope it cools down soon. Its actually cooled down a bit here in SoCal. Just in the mid 80's. though the humidity is up a bit.

3. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Maybe you could cool your broody down a bit with some ice water to drink :p She doesn't even have to sit on the eggs at the temps you have! Tell her she can take a few hours off or so :p

Edit: Weather here is like normal... about 65 deg and raining/sprinkling... seattle weather at it's best.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2007
  4. rosyposyosy

rosyposyosy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2007
    its raining over here.. thats oregon for you

5. missusduray

missusduray Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2007
    Northern Minnesota
    Yeah we can pertty much incubate eggs on the lawn! She is sitting there faithfully on her eggs! I think we are all getting cool baths/showers tonght so that we can sleep. Glad to hear that at least other people are having good weather.
    Kristyne

6. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2007
    Naples, Florida
    It's 89* here with 83% humidity today! It's not to bad today I was out earlier as long as your in the shade you feel cool. This past week its been in the high 90's with just as high humidity. I would love to be somewhere else like the mountains in a beautiful log home sitting on the porch reading a good book.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by