1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Goodnight John Boy

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Nifty-Chicken, Nov 24, 2011.

1. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

I have no idea where that quote is from, but it is in my head. I could probably search for it, but I'm kinda loopy. It's 3:00 am and I really need to get some good rest for a hard day of eating!!

So, goodnight (or good morning).

[​IMG]

2. Fred's Hens

Fred's Hens Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

The Waltons, a popular TV show from the 70's and 80's. The original movie, upon which the series was based, was incredibly good.

3. Sjisty

Sjisty Scribe of Brahmalot

May 18, 2009
    Brooksville
    The Waltons - They all say good night to each other at the end of the show. It was a big family. You're showing your youth, Nifty!

4. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    I remember a night about 3 years ago when I bought my block of land up in the country.. Just me and my ( then ) 12 year old daughter sleeping in a 30 x 18 shed. Me one end..and her the other in our own beds but talking to each other as we drifted off to sleep.. I called out..." Night John Boy" I didnt expect a reply so nearly fell out of bed when I heard back... "Night Mary Lou" I dont remeber the names of any of the children except John. Does anyone know if one of the children was really Mary Lou?? It turns out a few weeks before my daughter had watched a single old episode of the show.

I did really enjoy watching that show. [​IMG] It would be a huge culture shock for kids these days to be watching it.

5. Sjisty

May 18, 2009
    Brooksville
    Mary Ellen, Elizabeth, John Boy, Erin, Ben, Jim Bob, Jason - That's all I remember

6. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    [​IMG] there was only seven children wasnt there???

7. Sjisty

May 18, 2009
    Brooksville
    You mean I got them all???? Boy, I'm good!

8. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Yep, I watch the Waltons often on TVLand. Wonderful show!

9. Lothiriel

Lothiriel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Aug 30, 2007
    New York State
    My Coop
    I love the Waltons! It's one of my favs. [​IMG]

10. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

You have to remember, way back, I said good night every night with a Good Night John Boy, Good night Mary Ellen......

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by