Goof Ball

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by lovesduckies, Jan 17, 2010.

1. lovesduckies

lovesduckies Bedroom Farm Inc.

Jan 11, 2010
    the ducky room
    Does anyone else have goof ball ducks???

i was watching a movie with my ducks and i looked down and my little mussie girl is sleeping, standing up with one foot up like a flamingo. i catch her doing this a lot?? it looks so funny. Does anyone else catch thier ducks doing this?

also.. when i leave my room lately i have been coming back in my room to find her standing on my pillow lol. my mom and i just came home from running a few errands and i walked in and she was LAYING on my pillow. she's so cute

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

then she decided to fly on my lap top.. lol

2. 1lpoock

1lpoock Spruce Creek Waterfowl

Apr 20, 2009
    Sandusky, Ohio
    So funny, but doesn't she wear a diaper??

3. lovesduckies

Jan 11, 2010
    the ducky room
    no. i can't afford to buy one for figure out how to make them and she won't even wear a harness lol. she went nuts when i put one on her (glad i wasted christmas money) so i lay sheets on the floor in my room for the duckies. lots of laundry, but i love having them inside they are too funny!!

4. nettie

nettie Enslaved by Indoor Ducks

Nov 20, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    most ducks need to get used to a harness, they will pick at it, pull at it, and be upset by it at first. After a while, they'll get used to it.

I make harnesses and am testing out some new ideas for them. I'm starting up a new website (in my siggy). I'll send you a pm about possibly testing a idea for me...

5. lovesduckies

Jan 11, 2010
    the ducky room
    yeah i put a harness on her and she ran in circles and ran under my bed and got stuck. luckily i have a futon! i just lifted it and she ran out.

okay cool that sounds good!!

i have checked out your website. my bestie is duckyfromoz. she said she talked to you about getting duckie shoes lol. how cute is that!?

6. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Awwwwwww, she is soooo cute! Yes, my only duck right now, does some really cute stuff too. Well, just look at them, they even look funny! [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. Duck_feeder

Duck_feeder Drowning in feathers!

Oct 22, 2009
    Chicago
    We have goofball ducks too. One of our runners, Ollie, always sleeps while standing on one leg. The other 5 always sit down.

All of the ducks love standing or sitting on anything soft like pillows or stuffed animals.

Norie, one of the ducklings, constantly tries to climb to the highest place she can get to. If you stop her from climbing then she settles for shoving as much of her body as possible between my body and arm (she's my little armpit duck)

Moxy, my other duckling, will just sit down whereever she is. I'm convinced that she'd sit on a hot frying pan if given te opportunity! Hehehe. Sonce she just plops down anywhere I call her my little plopper duck. She'll sit on my laptop whenever she can sneak off to it. Must like the warmth!

8. lovesduckies

Jan 11, 2010
    the ducky room
    lol thank you. she is cute. her husband is pretty cute himself. he likes to bite my butt to get attention when i put make up on and when i bend over to feed him. but she has got a little personality!!!

lol that's so cute. armpit duck hahaha. my little girl sometimes sits on my lap and watches tv. and both my ducks love to instant message people. they are very social duckies. so funny!! i think they like the warmth too!!

9. nettie

nettie Enslaved by Indoor Ducks

Nov 20, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    Quote:LOL! My duck Vinny used to do the SAME thing when he was littler. I had his brooder pen right next to my old desk in my old place. When I sat at the computer, he'd run over, bite my butt or my sides and then run away when i turned around like a game. I'd try to snatch his bottom and give him a little pinch, and he'd run away. the second i'd turn my back, he'd run up and try to bite me again. isn't that funny we both have butt biting ducks? lol

10. TheDuckCrew

TheDuckCrew Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2009
    Connecticut
    ohh ive got the biggest goof ball! he's always been goofy, ever since he was a baby, maybe the giant crest makes him a little more goofy too. i remember one time i was herding them back to their pen and they were younger, and he got distracted by something and just stopped dead and was intently staring it down. the other 3 kept walking and he didn't even notice i was still walking behind him until i was right there and he jumped and flapped his wings and ran back to his friends, he joined them and just ruffled his feathers like, that didn't just happen, i'm cool, i'm cool. and a lot of times i see him sleeping on one leg and he'll be wabbling and trying to keep his balance but he just wont lay down and rest both legs and sleep! crazy ducky!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by