1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Goofy Goosy aka GG

Discussion in 'Geese' started by duck walk, Jun 13, 2011.

1. duck walk

duck walk Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2009
    white springs, fl
    [​IMG]

she is that...gone broody this time of year in the direct sun in the middle of no where...she has stolen several duck eggs and has two goose eggs, one of which the other goose laid on top of her yesterday...she promptly rolled it under herself and claimed it...the days have been so hot...I decided to get her a beach umbrella for shade since she wont be moved...tried that several times...this is where she wants to be...the only other solution is to lock her in a kennel run but that makes all the other geese nuts...especially her guy Boris...so there she sits under her purple umbrella...

Last edited: Jun 14, 2011
  2. Denninmi

Denninmi Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2009
    Aw, that's nice of you. Just make sure the umbrella is really well anchored, so it can't blow over in a storm and hurt her. I lost a bunch of potted plants to a patio umbrella one time when a storm came up and blew it around. It looks pretty secure on that fence, though.

3. silkieroo

silkieroo Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2010
    Durham NH
    Quote:[​IMG]

4. duck walk

duck walk Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2009
    white springs, fl
    I have that umbrella anchored to the fence so it can not blow over...and the base is down in the dirt a few inches...I think it is fairly secure...I did close it last night anyway as we had a bit of wind kicking up...still as a stone today and she has shade...at night, the other geese and the ducks kind of gather close to her and bed down...Boris keeps a watchful eye...I got too close to her this morning and he hissed at me...I just looked at him and told him that goosing the human was not allowed...I spread out my arms and being that my "wings" were wider than his, he found something else to do with his time...[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 13, 2011
  5. tbitt

tbitt Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    IL
    This is a fun post. [​IMG]

She looks like she has it made.

6. Orange Ribbon

Orange Ribbon Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2011
    I want that candy cane! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by