Goofy injured cochin

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by pbjmaker, Oct 27, 2008.

1. pbjmaker

pbjmaker Overrun With Chickens

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    Apparently if you are a chicken and want to live the high life indoors - get injured. I am not sure how this guy got injured yesterday - thought he was on death's doorstep. But now I see it was all a ploy to live in front of the heater while the other chickens have to stay outside in the cold.
    S/he discovered the heater yesterday and now backs his butt up to it and waits for it to come on. How will I ever convince him to move back to the coop now...
    [​IMG]

2. coffeelady3

coffeelady3 Froths Milk for Hard Cash

Jun 26, 2008
    Tacoma, WA
    Sucker!!!! [​IMG]

3. Msbear

Msbear Fancy Banties

May 8, 2008
    Sharpsburg, MD.
    Oh! Pbj, I was so worried I was going to see something terrible! Im glad it's just another pampered chicken here on byc...what else is new.. [​IMG]

4. lovemychix

lovemychix Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 14, 2008
    Moulton Iowa
    Way too cute!! Thanks for sharing. [​IMG]

5. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

That chicken is adorable!!!!

6. pbjmaker

pbjmaker Overrun With Chickens

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    Now someone tell me if it is a girl or a boy! I was told a boy long ago but at 10 weeks old his comb and wattles are about the same as when he was like 4 weeks old.

He really is injured - I found him in a mangled looking pose straight out of a crime scene, barely breathing. The whole side of his head is scratched including his eyeball. He just started opeining it this afternoon and the other chickens have rejected him for now.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2008
  7. Marlinchaser

Marlinchaser Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2007
    MERRY LAND
    Flip the switch to AC, when he has cold air blowing up his tail feathers he may decide to find a new place to stand. [​IMG]

8. Msbear

Msbear Fancy Banties

May 8, 2008
    Sharpsburg, MD.
    Pbj, that's a pullet. I was wondering why you kept saying he...I definitely think he's a she...anyone else?

9. crazy huhn

crazy huhn Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2008
    Looks like a very pretty pullet to me....

Just another example how smart chickens can be!!! Love my heater, too.......

10. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    AWWWW [​IMG] That is just too adorable! She (looks like a she to me) looks so cozy!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by