goofy roo

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Godsgrl, Aug 5, 2008.

1. Godsgrl

Godsgrl Ostrich wrangler

Aug 27, 2007
    at the zoo usually
    I went out to feed up this evening, and let the ladies out to roam. We have one roo, Goober, that is out all the time. So to avoid conflict, I kept Wilbur in the coop.

Time came to lock them all up for the night, and the hens came into the run. I shut the gate, then turned around, and saw Goober in the run! Oh shoot, I was about to open the gate to let Wilbur out!

Goober saw me, and made a mad dash for a cabinet we keep in the run. No real reason it's there, just for the kids to sit on when they come see the chickens. Anyway, in the back, it's open about 3/4 of the way, and that is where this big ole RIR/Easter egger rooster was hiding.[​IMG]

I could not believe it, I had no idea chickens could think that cleverly or that fast. I was laughing like crazy. Sorry buddy, you still have to go out, this is Wilbur's coop.

chickens! They will make you crazy! [​IMG]

2. chickens4jojo

chickens4jojo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2008
    Upstate South Carolina
    What fun!! I think most chickens are smart, too, but I don't tell toooooo many people I think that though......! Except, of course on BYC. [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 5, 2008
  3. Godsgrl

Godsgrl Ostrich wrangler

Aug 27, 2007
    at the zoo usually
    I think most chickens are smart, too, but I don't tell toooooo many people I think that though......! Except, of course on BYC. lol

I honestly thought they were stupid, especially after the hen incident. We found a newly hatched chick in one nest box, and the mom in another box incubating a wooden egg.[​IMG]

Maybe some chickens are smarter than others?? Maybe??

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by