Goood Morning!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by MissusFoster, Aug 7, 2014.

1. MissusFoster

MissusFoster New Egg

Aug 7, 2014
    Morrison, Colorado
    I'm Emily! I keep coming across this site when I'm looking for answers to Flock Problems, so I figured it's about time I joined and started contributing to the discussion.

I grew up on a farm with a decent-sized flock of chickens (and the occasional duck, goose, or turkey), and I've been keeping my own flock for about a year now. I have two Black Copper Marans, one New Hampshire Red of laying age, and three New Hampshire Reds who ought to start laying any day now. Eventually (when we get some land) I'm hoping to raise some meat birds on pasture--from my experience processing roosters at home, that is not a project I want to do on a backyard scale.

As far as other hobbies go, I do my best to find non-garden time for fishing, hunting, and pretending to be a Dressage Queen. I keep insisting to "city people" that I don't actually live on a farm, but with my horse boarded next door and with about 1000 square feet of my suburban lot devoted to either veggies or chickens, it's hard to convince them. When I'm not working in my garden or at the barn (or, you know, just staring at my cucumber patch laughing maniacally at what I've done), I work as a freelance writer and novelist. Lately, I can't stop writing rockabilly lyrics--so if you have a Gretsch or similar and live in the Denver area, I guess come over and jam with me and the hubby?

Anyhow, it looks like I'm nearing the end of my Not Paying Attention to a Husky Time, so I'd better wrap it up: nice to meet you all, glad to join up with such a helpful bunch of conversationalists, and looking forward to clucking around with everybody here! Feel free to ask me questions or message me or whatever. I'm friendly and slow-moving.

2. Mountain Peeps

Mountain Peeps Change is inevitable, like the seasons Premium Member

Apr 23, 2014
    At our lodge
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

So happy you joined! Great intro!

Don't hesitate to ask questions.

3. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
  4. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    Hello there and welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

Enjoy all your adventures and welcome to our flock!

5. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Welcome to BYC, Emily! Glad you decided to join our flock. A lot of us were lurkers before joining. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    do you have any published novels we could read? I'm not musical not even good enough to sing in the shower.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by