Goose And PeaFowl Together???

Discussion in 'Geese' started by JordanFamily, May 12, 2010.

1. JordanFamily

JordanFamily Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2008
    Harrisonville, MO
    I'm considering getting some peafowl but will only do it if they can live with my Sebastopol geese... What do you guys think? Can a peafowl drown in a little kiddy pool??? I won't put them together until they are adults... Would there be agression on either side to eachother??? I have a large inside barn room and outside 50 foot square area for them both to live... I will have 7 or 8 Sebs in with two peafowl? What do you guys think? Is it possible???

2. jojo@rolling acres farm

[email protected] acres farm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2009
    Nebraska
    I don't know about keeping them together - I'm not sure it will work. I do have a goose that is sitting on 6 pea eggs though!

ETA: While doing chores this evening I noticed my Sebbie Gander was not being very nice to my one remaining peahen as she was entering the barn for the night. I really don't think it is going to work all that well for you. They are such totally different species with such different needs. The peahen I have here is about to go and live with my friend, Laura and if the peafowl eggs hatch - they may go live with her too. [​IMG]!

Last edited: May 12, 2010
  3. afeatherfan

afeatherfan Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2007
    wv
    Quote:I have got both and I dont think it would work. {my opinion}

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by