Goose Eggs as Christmas ornaments

Discussion in 'Geese' started by 8GeeseALaying, Nov 24, 2013.

1. A few members asked me to post some pics when i finished sooo...Here are some of my Christmas ornaments that i made using goose eggs. A couple have religious symbols on them if that offends you then stop scrolling now and leave.
    These are just painted and decorated i havent gotten into carving yet, maybe next year. These arent perfect because these are the first i have ever tried making. I have to say though that i do love making things out of egg shells.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    they are beautiful. i really like the red and white with the ribbon on top. are they very fragile? i really dont know how big a goose egg is but i would like to hang that on my tree!

3. Thank you! They seem to be as sturdy as the plastic ornament balls you buy. I dropped one on my kitchen floor after it was painted (6 coats of glitter paint) and it bounced. These eggs are from my yearling brown chinese and they are about 3 times the size of a large chicken egg.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2013
  4. RURU

RURU Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2011
    Troy, Missouri
    My Coop
    OH! 8 I LOVE YOUR CHRISTMAS EGG ORNIMENTS!!!!!!!! JUST BEAUIFUL.............. WHY DON'T YOU MAKE A RED WITH THE PEARLS ON IT. MY THERE ARE SO MANY CHOICES OF COLORS YOU CAN USE TO MAKE THEM. ARE YOU GOING TO SELL THEM???

5. Iain Utah

Iain Utah Overrun With Chickens

Dec 17, 2011
    Love them!!! [​IMG]

6. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    They are beautiful 8, you did a great job.

7. Thanks All!

Ruru, i have one more to do, i couldnt the smell out of it lol anyway i will do it in red with pearls.
    Next year i will have more than just 8 eggs to craft with and try other colors and designs on. I wouldnt have had those if mildred hadnt been gooffy and laid in august.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2013
  8. Miss Lydia

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    You'll have to share pics of your tree once you get it decorated I bet it will be gorgeous.

9. I will lydia, i will probably have it up this weekend. Next year i want to do a tree full of just eggs, with all my girls i should be able to do that. I wish they would drop a few now lol

10. Miss Lydia

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Next year you may have enough to sell, I am thinking some on here would be your first customers. How many hours do you have in one egg?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by