Goose Eggs Coming Up Need Advice

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by championny, Apr 27, 2008.

1. championny

championny Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2008
    Saint Johns, AZ
    So my Toulouse are on day 25. Is this the day I need to stop turning and increase humidity? This is my first time hatching geese so I am a bit nervous and anxious all rolled into one!

Any advice about these guys?

2. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

Stop turning the eggs tomorrow morning. Make sure to raise the humidity to around 75%. Before you close the incubator to let the gosling hatch, I would spray the egg with warm water. I would also take a clean sponge, soak it with warm water and put it in the incubator to keep the humidity up.

Good Luck.

3. championny

Mar 21, 2008
    Saint Johns, AZ
    Thanks minpingurl1. That works out great for me since I am back to work tomorrow. It falls on the same day I stop turning my Welsummers so i am getting really excited. [​IMG]

So far everything looks good so I will keep an updated post on here about my progress. Wish me luck everyone! I need it after my last hatch.

4. SundownWaterfowl

Where did you buy your Toulouse Eggs from? I have been selling my eggs on ebay, and I have shipped toulouse eggs to florida. are they dewlap or not? also, how many did you get?

Good Luck

5. championny

Mar 21, 2008
    Saint Johns, AZ
    These came from a guy in AZ. I wish they came from you, that would have been awesome. I have always wanted Toulouse and Embdens so I am on my way with hatching. I also bought some Welsummers from AussieSharon and they are all suppose to hatch a day apart. OOOOOOH I cannot wait.

My Delaware hatch went down the tubes so I hope this works out better!

Last edited: Apr 27, 2008
  6. SundownWaterfowl

That would have been neat if I sent you those eggs. I hope you have a great hatch. Just remember to keep up the humidity and not to open the top while the goslings hatch.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by