Goose eggs has white bubbles?

Discussion in 'Geese' started by Feathers Acres, Mar 5, 2009.

1. Feathers Acres

Feathers Acres Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Michigan
    I put my eggs in Tuesday and todays day 3, I have 4 sebbies and 3 of the eggs are fine but the 4th one has all these white bubbles coming out in spots on the egg, and it smells rancid. I dont know if thats just because goose eggs are suppose to smell bad or what, but I thought the first time it started was because I got some water on it when I was putting more warm water for humidity, that was two days ago. So im thinking its rotten? [​IMG] I want to know ASAP so I can take it out and not ruin my other eggs, so is it bad?

2. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

If it smells, take it out ASAP! Most likely its rotton, and you dont want it to explode in the incubator.

3. Feathers Acres

May 31, 2008
    Michigan
    Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Taking it out ASAP!

4. SundownWaterfowl

Your welcome. Good eggs should be bubbling. Good Luck with the rest. [​IMG]

5. Feathers Acres

May 31, 2008
    Michigan
    Quote:Okay wait, so now im confused. Good eggs should be bubbling? [​IMG]

6. banter

banter Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2008
    Raymond Maine
    I think it's probably rotten, but did you candle it to see if it's sloshing around?

7. SundownWaterfowl

Quote:Okay wait, so now im confused. Good eggs should be bubbling? [​IMG]

Sorry. I meant to type
    Goose eggs shouldnt be bubbling

. Sorry.​

Last edited: Mar 5, 2009
  8. Feathers Acres

May 31, 2008
    Michigan
    Okay good :p I took the egg out, it was rotten and stank worse then after eating tacobell. I have only had them in for 3 days and this started about a couple hours after set, it didnt explode in the bator, but it smelt pretty bad. Could it have infected the other eggs even if it didnt explode on them?

9. dannytrill

dannytrill New Egg

May 4, 2013
    Yes throw those far away, I was fishing and found my dog licking an egg with geese not too far away it was storming for the past 2 days so I left it out to see if the geese came back to it, hours later I brought it inside for they didn't come to it but were way on the other side of the pond. I brought it in and blanketed it for 15-20 hrs to see if it was still alive/might hatch; overnight with lamp and heater, it had a pretty bad smell musky,fishy and I started to notice white bubbly liquid coming from the outside of the egg as if it was sweating. Next morning the white bubbles were bigger and were drying up like sap, so I took it outside thinking that it were out in the storm for so long it might of been too humid and the chick couldn't break through the wet shell maybe suffocating or drowning. So I took a metal spatula and not even hitting too hard struck the egg maybe giving it breathable air. Bad idea- it popped loudly and grey goo shot out forward and around the blanket's, thankfully not on me at all and some on my disposable gloves, the stink was like burnt rubber tires with a fermenting body liquefied. Didn't get a picture of the egg after I struck it for the smell was just that bad that I couldn't do nothing bit mask myself and go deep in the woods and dispose of my blankets and the box and gloves no time for a picture of something I with I never did. But got some of it bubbling, see if I can't put it on here. Also I never seen these geese at this pond for another pair of geese were always their and she had been nesting and same day I seen that her 2 baby geese were born swimming around with pap and ma. Just these 2 new ones came out of nowhere and this rotten egg too during this 3 day storm in Jacksonville.

10. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    well [​IMG] and that sounds like an experience no one would want to go through. [​IMG] and Jacksonville,FL? my old home town of many years ago. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by