Goose eggs

Discussion in 'Geese' started by Linda Hicks, May 24, 2019.

1. Linda Hicks

Linda Hicks Chirping

Mar 19, 2018
    i was wondering how long in age do geese lay eggs. I have a pair of pilgrims and they are 3 years now. Is there a age limit with egg production?

2. Happy Quack

Happy Quack Songster

May 29, 2016
    Gunnison Colorado
    I have read best production is up to 6 years. I have a 3 year old buff and she is still laying well. I would have to flip though my goose book again to be sure though.

3. Linda Hicks

Linda Hicks Chirping

Mar 19, 2018
    Thank you for replying...was also wondering if the gander will still be as aggressive if the goose stops laying. Right now my goose has laid her 30th egg for this spring and I have noticed it's not every other day as in the past. Sometimes she skips and will make it on the 3 rd day. The last two years she laid every other day like clock work and by the middle of June she has put out 50 eggs. She's very healthy but was wondering when the eggs stop age wise.

Happy Quack likes this.
  4. Linda Hicks

Linda Hicks Chirping

Mar 19, 2018
    Thank you for replying...was also wondering if the gander will still be as aggressive if the goose stops laying. Right now my goose has laid her 30th egg for this spring and I have noticed it's not every other day as in the past. Sometimes she skips and will make it on the 3 rd day. The last two years she laid every other day like clock work and by the middle of June she has put out 50 eggs. She's very healthy but was wondering when the eggs stop age wise.

5. The goose girl

The goose girl Songster

Jul 7, 2010
    Denmark
    My goose is 6 years old. She has laid her 35th egg this season and is still laying. I've talked to people whose geese have been laying until they're 15-25 years old. My gooses mother was still laying when she was 13. She may still be laying, but I've lost track of her since her breeder died and she was sold.

6. Happy Quack

Happy Quack Songster

May 29, 2016
    Gunnison Colorado
    I had always wondered. I know this is not a goose but I have a khaki duck that is 7 and still lays in the summer. Her production has gone down due to age.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: