1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Goose Emergency...Broken wing

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by lilshadow, Jul 5, 2008.

1. lilshadow

lilshadow Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2008
    Milaca, MN
    I have a goose that is about 15 weeks old, and something got ahold of him last night, and it's wing is broken. I have wrapped the wing close to it's body. Is that the only thing that I can do for him?

2. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    If you wrapped the wing in the proper position with the bones correctly placed, that is all you can do. Good job!

I recommend separating him and loosening and rewrapping every other day or so to make sure it is not too tight. They are still growing at that age.

3. lilshadow

lilshadow Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2008
    Milaca, MN
    Thanks a bunch. A friend came over and we put an antiseptic wash on the wounds, and rewrapped his wing in the proper position. I am going to bring him into the bird hospital in my garage tonight just to make sure what ever got him last night can't get him tonight. He has no defense with just one wing.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by