Goose... help needed and please no negative comments.

orchid88

In the Brooder
Nov 6, 2022
Hi, several weeks back my landlords young goose was found with a very nasty bite on her bottom end(not sure what attacked her), she has lost all her tail feathers and she lost a lot of blood. We managed to sort it out with giving it a clean and then antibacterial spray, followed by stock holm tar, to seal everything in. Huge sigh of relief as we though she was on the mend - her feathers were even growing back, however she has pulled them out and has made herself bleed- due to were she was bitten we believe she has lost her oil gland. Please help, advice needed thank you. 😥
She is my world

Last edited:
Hi, several weeks back my landlords young goose was found with a very nasty bite on her bottom end(not sure what attacked her), she has lost all her tail feathers and she lost a lot of blood. We managed to sort it out with giving it a clean and then antibacterial spray, followed by stock holm tar, to seal everything in. Huge sigh of relief as we though she was on the mend - her feathers were even growing back, however she has pulled them out and has made herself bleed- due to were she was bitten we believe she has lost her oil gland. Please help, advice needed thank you. 😥
She is my world
Welcome to BYC! Pics will help. :)

Unfortunately I didn't manage to get photos this morning. She has been looked over, been cleaned and dried with a very cool hairdryer and then had some stock holm tar on her sore areas. Fingers crossed she pulls through. 🤞

Back
Top Bottom