Goose is hatching out of wrong end!! PLEASE HELP!!

Discussion in 'Geese' started by LindseyM12, May 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LindseyM12

LindseyM12 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2009
    North Carolina
    I have a goose hatching and its coming out the small end! Do I need to help it? What should help it? Thanks!!!!

2. noahsgeese

noahsgeese Border Collie

Nov 30, 2009
    Virginia
    I don't know anything about hatching so don't exactly listen to me but I might just let it be and see what happens but I don't know?

3. adrian

adrian Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2009
    Regina, SK
    First, make sure its bill is free, it can breathe, and there is no bleeding. After that, the baby should hatch out fine. For me, when I have odd hatchers, I always peel away a piece of the membrane from their first pip; this way, I can monitor their bills and make sure they can breathe and don't snag a vein on the membrane. I have great success with this. In a few situations, not doing this has cost babies their lives.

Here is sort of an image to show what I did with a goose who hatched upside down...

[​IMG]

She made it out fine! Zipped out all by herself. [​IMG]

Last edited: May 30, 2010
  4. LindseyM12

LindseyM12 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2009
    North Carolina
    HELP!! The gosling has been the same since 5am Saturday morning! What do I do!?!?!
    I keep spraying with warm water but it keeps getting extremely dry! It keeps get stuck to the shell and I have the treys filled up and 2 sponges in there and misting and it still gets dry. HELP!!!

5. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Closed due to posting duplicate threads. If you'd like to respond or help out, please do so in this thread . Thank you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by