Goose killing neighbors

Discussion in 'Geese' started by Carrosaur, Mar 21, 2015.

1. Carrosaur

Carrosaur Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2014
    Nashville, TN
    So I found out last night that Charlotte, the goose we got from a member here had disappeared from the pond they were at. We were shocked because this neighborhood has a very secure 8ft fence around it, constant animal control enforcers, strict leash laws, no cats in the neighborhood that we knew of, the only fox that they had ever seen there was two years ago, next to a very busy road that coyotes and such would not be able to cross(plus the fence), 24/7 surveillance, fifteen pekin ducks and probably twenty Canada geese that also live in the pond...

We thought: "Why my goose, why of all the other birds why my goose?" Well now we know why.

Charlotte was the friendliest of all the birds there, and there is supposedly a neighbor that HATES all of them, and this neighbor took his opportunity to grab a nice bird that wouldn't run away. There was a pile of pretty gray/blue feathers near his yard, and Charlotte was an American Blue.

No other ducks or geese have been harmed and not one person in the neighborhood has spotted a fox, coyote, dog, raccoon, and Charlotte was a BIG bird, no tiny red tail hawks could have picked him up. This neighbor vocalizes his hate for the birds at the pond, wild and domestic, who have been living there four almost three years.

Why are people so cruel? Kiwi does not like being near people much, and the ducks and wild geese don't really leave the water. I'm going to pick Kiwi up tomorrow morning. [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

2. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    What did the neighbor do climb the fence? how high is the fence? very sad he was a gorgeous gander.Was this a neighborhood pond? alot of predators can climb fences unless there was electric fence. Most of the preds you just named come in dead of night too when most people are sleeping and things are quiet. Not to say it wasn't the neighbor but it could have been 4 legged preds too.

3. Carrosaur

Mar 8, 2014
    Nashville, TN
    The fence goes around the neighborhood, its not electrical but there are predator lights and its spiked or something on top.

Its a neighborhood pond but its in the backyard of the people who I gave the geese too. No one else borders the pond. The geese were approved before they were brought in, and its not like the houses are right next to each other. You could fit about three houses between each one, this particular person owned three acres and basically the pond.

Its true, a pred could have gotten in... but why not any of the other birds, why no trail expect for a pile by that neighbors fence (who has mentioned hating the geese) it just all leads to him.

4. mightymax

mightymax Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2013
    Central Coast, CA
    I'm soooo very sorry !!! Your story is so sad yet surprisingly common. I too wonder why people have to be so mean! But to leave a pile of feathers outside his house, practically
    mocking you, is not only extraordinarily cruel...it's also just downright unforgivable !!! I don't know what neighborhood you live in that has all those nice amenities, yet also has the
    horrible misfortune of having a 'neighbor' who's so despisingly disgusting that you feel your only form of protest would be to move. And that wouldn't solve a thing. He'd probably feel vindicated if you did !!! I sure hope that you get to Kiwi in time before this mutant has his way with her too. I'm sorry...but in my honest opinion, those type of people don't deserve to even breathe air !!! Good Luck !!!

-kim-

5. Percheron chick

Percheron chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2013
    Boulder, Colorado
    No it doesn't. He would never of left a pile of feathers as evidence.

6. mightymax

mightymax Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2013
    Central Coast, CA
    Yes he would have. People like that LOVE to toot their own horn !!!

The more of your face they can rub in their dirty little deed, the better !!!

I should know, I work with the criminally insane at a maximum security forensic facility in California, and his type run rampant here !!!

Last edited: Mar 21, 2015
  7. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    So the fence doesn't go around the pond? I was thinking it did. the neighbor could just walk up and take the goose that easy. did he ever lodge a complaint about the geese? I wish there was a way of finding out I think I'd be setting up game cameras[without neighbor knowing of course ]There are always going to be people who hate anything that goes on in a neighborhood they live in but to take it out on innocent animals is appalling.

8. Carrosaur

Mar 8, 2014
    Nashville, TN
    He told the people I gave them to he didn't like them, and voiced it to all of the other neighbors who told them and myself. No one thought he would act on it, of course...

9. Carrosaur

Mar 8, 2014
    Nashville, TN
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 21, 2015
  10. Carrosaur

Mar 8, 2014
    Nashville, TN
    Um... He was going around telling all the neighbors he hated them and wanted them dead, I sure wouldn't put it past him to let everyone know he meant it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by