Goose laying eggs

Discussion in 'Geese' started by allkindspoultry, Feb 13, 2014.

1. allkindspoultry

allkindspoultry Out Of The Brooder

Aug 22, 2013
    Texas
    I have 3 geese i know for sure that i have a pair of brown chinese geese then i have one toulose goose i dont know what it is but she used to be with the group now the separated it and the pair of brown chinese geese dont like the toulose goose and it fights with the male chinese goose and it also turned really mean its always hissing at me when i get close to it the nest i found had four eggs but nobody is laying on them and the female chinese goose is only 8 months can she lay eggs or is the mother of the eggs the toulose goose

2. It could be your Chinese and it is the time of year that is breeding season for them. Could you post a picture of the Toulouse they will hiss at you when you get near the nest. Can you post a picture?

3. allkindspoultry

Aug 22, 2013
    Texas
    I cant upload the picture but the brown chinese goose is only 8 months can she lay eggs and the eggs are white

4. The chinese is certainly old enough to lay. Chinese are quicker to mature compared to other breeds. All goose eggs are white. If the toulouse is hissing when you get near the nest then the nest could very well belong to the toulouse.

5. allkindspoultry

Aug 22, 2013
    Texas
    Found out the eggs were the chinese goose thanks

6. subhanalah

subhanalah Overrun With Chickens

How did you find out which one they belonged to?

7. allkindspoultry

Aug 22, 2013
    Texas
    I saw the chinese go to the nest and lay the egg and she stayed there sitting on them

8. subhanalah

subhanalah Overrun With Chickens

That's definitely the best way to tell who laid the egg!

9. allkindspoultry

Aug 22, 2013
    Texas
    Yeah [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by