Goose Lonely?

Is it OK to have just one Goose? will she get lonely, or not live a happy life?
Geese like ducks are flock animals and thrive in the company of their own kind. Some on here do have one goose has a house goose but it takes alot of dedication. I would suggest you get her a friend.

Last edited:
I sold a Sebastopol to a wonderful woman in NJ and Oliver lives in the house with her and goes everywhere with her. Oliver wears goose diapers. She has dedicated herself to Oliver. If you goose is not with you 24/7 that is the way they like it is to be with someone all the time. Like Miss Lydia says geese a flock birds and need the company of whoever they are with 24/7. If you can not provide this to your goose please get another goose to be with your goose she will be much happier.

Leesa has written 3 books about Oliver and they are educational books for children to learn about Oliver and his adventures. Oliver's Dandelion Wishes, "A Million Monarchs Munching Milkweed and a Goose and Oliver's Search for Miss Matilda and her Murky Mud Puddle, she is a Mastodon Elephant.
Oliver has inspired Leesa to write these books and I hope many more!

If you are interested in seeing Oliver he has his own Facebook page and is on youtube as well. Oliver the red diaper Sebastopol goose. Leesa has some very cute video's of Oliver......

I just saw a few video's of Oliver. he is unbeleivable. Are all geese that smart? she must spend hours and hours with him. thank you for the info about Oliver. I just smile threw all the video's. can't wait to show my husband Oliver when he gets home from chopping wood. Gives me hope in makeing my goose that loveable with some time and TLC.
So Precious!

Oliver is a very special Sebastopol. He is super smart and Leesa helped make him that way. I had him in my bathroom until Leesa bought him. I had taken a lot of time with Oliver. I would take to him and hold him and tell him how pretty he was. He tried to jump out of the plastic container he was in and I told him don't you jump out of there stay in there and he did.
She wanted a goose that was a gander and would bond to her and was afraid since he was older he would not bond. But he did just what I said he would do, is bond to her.

With all my goslings I raise them in my bathroom while little and pay lots of attention to them. This sure helps a lot for them to bond well with their new human(s).

Back
Top Bottom