Goose Loves Dog ..................go figure

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by chickenzoo, Mar 31, 2009.

1. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

Here is "Candy" our Canadian Goose with our GP puppy "Elmo". She has started to follow him every where and sleesp besides him. She has never really socialized with the other geese we have, but I guess she made a friend with him. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Of course they found the ugliest place in the yard to lay! [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 31, 2009
  2. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    I have a Pilgrim goose (female) that loves one of my goats. She will go up to the goat and nuzzle her with her.

3. KellyHM

KellyHM Overrun With Chickens

Sep 10, 2008
    Lakeland, FL
    Hey, what kind of other geese do you have? Are they laying eggs? DH decided that's the next thing we "need." Or better yet, do you have any goslings?

4. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Thats so cute! At least she likes him, huh? Could be the other way around! [​IMG]

5. raroo

raroo Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2008
    Vancouver, BC
    [​IMG] I love canadian geese, how did you get her?

6. rebecca10782

rebecca10782 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2008
    [​IMG] That is too sweet [​IMG]

7. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    Quote:There are bajillions of them here in the Puget Sound area. Come take a few off our hands. [​IMG]

8. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

She was given to me with some other geese, she had shown up there and never left. I thought she might leave with the relocation here, but she has stayed. I believe she was a pet at one time. Now she just hangs out with all the other critters and has taken to the puppy. He likes her as well and sleeps besides the water trough when she is swimming in it. [​IMG]

9. Whispering Winds

Whispering Winds Chillin' With My Peeps

So cute!! [​IMG] Too bad humans can't take lessons from animals about getting along, isn't it? [​IMG]

10. raroo

raroo Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2008
    Vancouver, BC
    Quote:There are bajillions of them here in the Puget Sound area. Come take a few off our hands. [​IMG]

LOL there are also lots around here but I've never seen a tame one. I've been hissed at and chased as a kid, though. [​IMG]

ChickenZoo they are just too sweet together. Your puppy is gorgeous too. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by