GOOSE NEST

birdnerd99

In the Brooder
6 Years
Nov 13, 2013
Hi everyone I'm new to byc and I'm calling all geese poeple. I have a trio of Embden's and I have one goose house, will bolth girls share the for nesting?

Yes they will nest together but sometimes that is not a good idea because they can stomp on the eggs and crack them open. I believe it is better to have two different nest if you are wanting goslings.

welcome-byc.gif

Last edited:
I had 3 sisters that went absolutely everywhere together, did everything together, even the same nest site...They all laid a number of eggs in the same nest. I took out a few and put them under a sensible goose, but the eggs that I Ieft with the 3 sisters either got broken or left out in the cold, or one tried to sneak eggs out from the other....not one egg made it. 2 of the sisters have now got goslings (bumpy ride, but that´s another story), but they successfully incubated their own eggs in their own nests.

Hi everyone I'm new to byc and I'm calling all geese poeple. I have a trio of Embden's and I have one goose house, will bolth girls share the for nesting?
If you can some how put temp fencing up or a piece of scrap plywood to give each goose her own area, that may work for them.

simple goose nest for privacy..

Last edited:
Dont let 3 geese sit on one nest i had my 2 embdens and at a other nest had 2 african buffs on one as well and what a disaster both of that was ! And 3 ! That sounds dogey

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom