Goose On Eggs-Some Questions Please

Unruffled

Songster
5 Years
Aug 13, 2018
I have 4 American Buff geese (1 goose, 3 ganders) that I incubated and hatched in
April of 2020. Theresa(my goose) started laying in late Feb. of 2021, but I removed all her eggs as she laid them(we weren’t ready for goslings again yet). Now this year I removed all her eggs except the last 6. Just in time for her to go broody on May 2.
Here’s the thing, she’s made her nest in the goat house, which is fine, until her goslings hatch(IF they hatch, fingers crossed).Now, ideally, I’d be able to move her AND her eggs into a more secure pen now, before they hatch. But as it stands I think I’m going to have to figure out how I’m going to get her and her goslings into a pen after they hatch with Theresa being super protective AND the three ganders. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Once they hatch she will remain on or near the nest for a week or so. Can you block her in? Otherwise you are gonna need help pushing her off the nest and grabbing the babies with the hope she will follow them to the new area. You may need armor. Probably easier to move the goats. :)

Back
Top Bottom