Goose panting?

Leader Bee

Songster
Jun 22, 2018
My little gosling sometimes sits with me and goes to sleep; he is often quite happy with this for a while but then he will start to pant - it's not hot and he has recently had a drink so I'm confused if this panting is from stress or if they just get really thirsty very quickly..I put him back in his brooder and this stopped he's sat under his electric hen but keeps wanting to jump out to be with me, I really hope I'm not stressing him out by having him in my lap because I'd feel terrible

Last edited:
Show us the teenie but feathers!
Never heard anyone be so enthusiastic to see a butt before 🤣😂
IMG_20200529_221500.jpg

I’ve noticed my own do that around the same age, I think it has something to do with their ability to thermoregulate adjusting as they grow. There isn’t anything necessarily wrong, you just have to be extra careful for their needs. One minute they’re hot, the next they’re cold....

I sometimes sit a smaller bowl of water beside me but as you all know Geese are super clumsy... don't know how many times i've had to re-fil their water when we've gone for a walk in the park because Norb has just stood on it and tipped it all out. He's starting to get teeny tiny feathers on his butt and edge of his wings now 🥰

Back
Top Bottom