goose prob

Discussion in 'Geese' started by hchap311, Feb 28, 2014.

1. hchap311

hchap311 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 28, 2014
    My goose tried to poop and what looked like an intestine, popped out then went right back in! My boyfriend said he's seen that happen since she was little, but I never saw it! What is this? She seems fine? Please help. Thanks!

2. Speceider

Speceider Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2011
    Sounds she is a he.

Clint

3. X2...that little thing that popped out is the penis

4. hchap311

Feb 28, 2014
    Are you sure? Its like spiral....and when it comes out it looks like water is coming from it. Is it supposed to come out when she poops? Thanks for the help. This isn't prolapse?

5. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    How old are we talking about? I never see my ganders penis unless it's right after mating and yes it's spiral.

6. Yes the penis is spiral and it also looks like it has small knobs all over it. The "water" coming out is probably urine or semen. Its not prolapse, your she is a he. Its all pretty much kept in the same hole thats why it comes out when he poops.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2014
  7. Miss Lydia

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Your ganders penis comes out when he poops 8? I've never seen that with mine. [Make mental note to follow gander at reasonable distance and watch for poop]

8. hchap311

Feb 28, 2014
    Thank you all for your answers. I guess, he, is about 9-10 months old? He has never even seen a female goose. He's just been sitting on his bed. Looks totally fine, eating , drinking. But its come out twice today for no reason? He's been very cuddly I guess. Prolapse is when its like red? The vet told me to bring her in but I said that something was coming out of her rectum. Thanks again, sorry its gross.

9. Thats how i saw that one of my toulouse was a gander, he pooped then out came the noodle with a little shake to it then right back in. Too bad i cant remember which one did it.

10. Miss Lydia

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Interesting I have had my gander almost 7 yrs and not seen this I have seen him poop many times though. lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by