goose problem

Discussion in 'Geese' started by uncozieness, Apr 13, 2012.

1. uncozieness

uncozieness New Egg

Apr 13, 2012
    My neighbors have a pet goose and it attacks everybody. Anyone who walks on the property gets attacked. I'll go over there to hang out with them sometimes and I'll be minding my own buisiness and all of a sudden I can feel a sharp pain on my leg and sure enough, it is the goose. Is there anything I can do to it to get it to stop attacking me like, possibly whack it in the head with something?

2. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Hi and [​IMG] well they should be taking responsibility for their gooses actions, just as if it was their dog biting you. I know geese hurt when they bite I have one that likes to bite if he gets a chance. I'd take a stick with you when you visit and when the goose comes around keep the stick pointed at the goose to keep it in arms length. I do that here I have a walking stick that I use to keep my goose[gander] away when he's in a fowl mood which is now during breeding season. I don't hit my goose in the head but i have sure felt like it at times. I have goosed him in the butt with the broom before to make him get out of my way. That is really too bad that they have not done anything [like locking the goose up] when they have company.

3. uncozieness

uncozieness New Egg

Apr 13, 2012
    the goose came charging at me the last time that I was there and all I had near me was a shovel so, I had to use it. To make a long story short, it didn't work that well. I keep telling them that their goose is gonna bite the wrong person one day and it's going to end up dead. I guess we'll see what happens next time it bites me.;)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by