goose trays for sportsman

Discussion in 'Geese' started by ladybug4ut1, Jan 20, 2010.

1. ladybug4ut1

ladybug4ut1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 13, 2007
    Central Florida
    Does any one have or know where I can get fewer than six. I really do not want to have to buy six of them. I really want just one or two to hatch some of the eggs in the sportsman and not have to buy another bator just to do goose eggs

thanks

2. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

What I do for my Dicky incubator is take a tensioner rod for curtians, the kind with rubber tips and put them in the bator long ways to keep the eggs from rolling. I lay the eggs on their sides....

3. ladybug4ut1

Nov 13, 2007
    Central Florida
    Quote:Thanks for info I will try that when they all start laying I have one on a nest now with i know a min of eight eggs under her doesn't she know it is winter time lol

annika

4. swheat

swheat The Bantam Barn

Mar 18, 2008
    Alabama
    My Coop
    I bought the set of six, but when I got them I wish I had just made them. I dodn't know what they looked likeas there was no pic of them on the on-line store. These can be easily made from quarter inch wire mesh. The sides are 2 1/2 inches and the bottom is 3/4 inch wide. The length is 24 inches. So a peice 5 3/4 inch wide by 24 inch long and then bend it to look like the picture and there you go ! Mine came with small bolts and nuts to attach to the mesh in the incubator trays.

[​IMG]

5. ladybug4ut1

Nov 13, 2007
    Central Florida
    Quote:thanks

6. matthew1985

matthew1985 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2009
    dover,delaware
    sorry to steal the tread but i just bought this item and was wondering if any one has installed it cuz im not sure how too thanks!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by