Goose Walking Stiff

jacklynnwing

In the Brooder
Apr 10, 2020
Hi everybody!
I recently got a buff goose and she is just the sweetest goose on the planet. I absolutely love her. The only thing is that she's so clumsy and always gets herself into sticky situations. We always set up a pool for her and her ducks and we always make it so they can get in and out of the pool with no issues. However, yesterday my poor goose got into the pool and lost her footing and her legs ended up getting splayed out from under her, and she wasn't able to get up because she just happened to be at a slippery spot in the pool. She was probably like that for about an hour or so before we found her. She was unable to stand for about 20-25 minutes, but after getting her all dried off and letting her sit on my lap she was able to stand on her own. This happened about 14 hours ago, and she's able to walk but she's still very stiff and walks very slowly. I don't think she's in any severe pain, but her legs are definitely bothering her. Does anybody have any suggestions on how I can help her start to feel better and get her range of motion back in her legs. I feel so bad. She's still eating and drinking and seems otherwise healthy. I just am scared her clumsiness cause permanent damage): any help is greatly appreciated!

Back
Top Bottom