Goose with neuro or tumor problem

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by frelima, Nov 21, 2007.

1. frelima

frelima Out Of The Brooder

My three year old emden gander has been getting more and more unsteady- his chest has been growing and growing over the months- now he cannot walk and just flops around. He seems sort of paralyzed on the right side.
    One wing droops and when he tries to walk it is sort of like someone who has had a stroke- until he ends up on his side flailing.
    He got much worse this week, and I have him in a dog cage, but I feel that euthanasia is the answer.
    Should I do it the way I process meat chickens? (cut corortid) Any ideas?
    Thanks!
    Julie

2. GloriaH

GloriaH Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2007
    Watertown, Tennessee
    I would think you would do it the same way. I'm sorry that you have to go through this. I know this is a hard thing to do.

3. picklespickles

picklespickles Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2007
    good luck. hugs.

4. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Yep, same was as you do meat chickens. And I would dispose of the body carefully if you are not sure what the problem is.

5. frelima

frelima Out Of The Brooder

Thank you. He is the same- eats and drinks, but just falls over when not held up by the sides of the dog kennel.
    The other one looks so regal and handsome and I am giving this one a bath every day to keep his dignity up.

[​IMG]

6. picklespickles

picklespickles Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2007
    oh. his poor little partner will be sad when he goes. take care.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by