Goose

Discussion in 'Geese' started by JPWard, Dec 16, 2012.

1. JPWard

JPWard New Egg

Dec 16, 2012
    I have a young goose who got it's head catch under a fence. Now it seems the goose's neck is dislocated. It falls over backwards & the neck goes sideways. The goose eats & drinks as long as I help it to keep from falling over backwards. Is there a way that I can fix the goose? I think it's neck is dislocated close to the rest of the body. I had a turkey that had a dislocated neck about halfway of the neck & I kept stretching her neck out & fix it, but this goose has me worried because it appears to be at the base of it's neck. Thanks for your help

2. KEEP NECK SUPER STILL! He could cut his spinal cord and die! Sorry, to be so sudden, but he could die DX

Does he make noise? Make sure he drinks plenty of water!

3. JPWard

JPWard New Egg

Dec 16, 2012
    Yes it drinks water. How do I keep the neck straight when it wants to stay curled around like when they sleep & goose is laying on it's back?

4. RURU

RURU Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2011
    Troy, Missouri
    My Coop
    You need to get that goose to the vets!!!!
    Geese never lay on their back..........

Last edited: Dec 16, 2012
  5. JPWard

JPWard New Egg

Dec 16, 2012
    That's what I would like to do, but our vets are not very nice about helping animals.... If the animals are not cows they really don't care about them & will say sorry I can't help but I will put it down if you want me to.

6. RURU

RURU Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2011
    Troy, Missouri
    My Coop
    There has to be other vets out there that will treat a goose.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by