Gordy goes to the vet!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by lockedhearts, Jan 19, 2010.

1. lockedhearts

lockedhearts It's All About Chicken Math

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    Gordy, The Bouvier we found about a month ago, has been constantly hungry. After speaking to a fellow Bouv owner I decided he needed to go be checked out, I also for my own sanity needed to have him checked for a Micro-Chipped in case someone was actually missing him and I had missed a Lost Dog ad.

Gordy weighed in at 101.5 lbs, I knew he was at least 100 lbs! He does have Whip Worms and we have meds for that, other than that he checked out fine and vet estimated him at 1 1/2 years old.

Also, he is not Micro-Chipped and I have checked diligently for ads in case anyone was missing him and have never seen an ad since the day we found him.

So Gordy is truly a member of our family!

2. herefordlovinglady

herefordlovinglady It Is What It Is

Jun 23, 2009
    Georgia
    Congratulations...it sounds like he found the prefect home...[​IMG]

I did the same thing you did, i found a dog, checked her out for the chip and looked for her owner...she is truly mine now.[​IMG]

3. lockedhearts

lockedhearts It's All About Chicken Math

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    Things happen for a reason.... We lost our Cocker Spaniel that same day.....

4. thebritt

thebritt Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2009
    Humboldt County
    The best boy in the whole world was a Bouvier mix. He had the deepest, most soulful eyes, and the biggest heart of any dog I've ever known. He died of bone cancer at 11 years. We've never gotten over his loss. When he was 6 mos. old, my then 3 yr old daughter used to walk him up and down the sidewalk at a heel, and he was so careful not to pull her over. I LOVE Bouviers....CONGRATS on your new family member!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by