Gorgeous Chickens Receive Magazine Coverage

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by RWChicken, Nov 26, 2009.

1. RWChicken

RWChicken New Egg

Oct 26, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2009
  2. the simple life

the simple life Chillin' With My Peeps

The link doesn't work for me.

3. RWChicken

RWChicken New Egg

Oct 26, 2009
    Fixed the link problem. Sorry!

Todd

4. the simple life

the simple life Chillin' With My Peeps

Very nice photos! The speckled sussex looks like my girl.
    Did this make you want chickens now? Everyone needs a couple of chickens .Although that is how is starts, I only wanted 6 and now I have more than 50.
    Have you ever considered doing a photo essay on beekeepers/beekeeping. Its a wonderful hobby and you can get some really great pictures.
    I keep bees and there are some great photo ops when you are out working the bees.
    Sometimes my hens even roost on top of the hives.
    Although you think of people keeping bees mostly in the country there are now plenty of urban beekeepers keeping their hives on the rooftops of their buildings.
    Just thought I would throw out another idea for you since those are two of my hobbies so I am partial, the other one is gardening and you could probably get some good pictures of that as well.
    Good luck on your future endeavors and thank you for sharing your photos.

5. ChicknJ

ChicknJ Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2008
    Central Florida
    Todd, great job! I enjoyed several of the articles and bookmarked the site. The more people that are educated about where our food comes from, the better. I still have people frequently say... you eat your... cow, chicken, pig...?

Hope you enjoyed your research, keep up the good work .... and [​IMG]

6. RWChicken

RWChicken New Egg

Oct 26, 2009
    Thanks so much for the comments. I have a couple chickens of my own, so this is something dear to me. I will be posting more images of the chickens on my blog later, about a week after the Good Magazine photos come down. There's some great stuff they didn't publish! Oh well...

Once again, thanks so much!

All the best.

7. hermiesbirdies

hermiesbirdies Out Of The Brooder

Nov 16, 2009
    My wife, who is not thrilled about me getting chickens I have 10 baby chochins, saw this article on MSN.com. and pointed it out to me. So your getting more exposure.

good luck with your blogging

8. RWChicken

RWChicken New Egg

Oct 26, 2009
    Nice! Exposure is good, especially when it comes to educating people about caring for chickens. I was so surprised at the overall response from the Good Article! People are posting amazing comments, and I am just thrilled it's going over so well.

Hermiesbirdies, is there any way you can get me the article link from MSN? I would be interested to see it!

Thanks Everyone!

Todd

9. Chickie'sMoma

Chickie'sMoma Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    Rochester, NH
    i just read this last night! i love the 'bar' pic!

10. RWChicken

RWChicken New Egg

Oct 26, 2009
    Thanks! the bar one is one of my favorites too!

Todd

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by