Gorgeous "frosted" Showgirl rooster (Austin, TX)

Kamiki

In the Brooder
6 Years
May 15, 2013
A beautiful, silver frosted Showgirl. His feathers are dark at the roots and "frost" by turning white near the tips.

Very sweet, often handled, not aggressive at all! Just he sure liked to crow, and I don't want any neighbors getting angry with me (he's an urban chicken that needs a home with a bit more crowing room)!

He was raised as a pet, hatched by me in my own incubator, so you won't get a sweeter guy! He's about 5 months old.

I will travel within reason from North Austin if you'll give me some gas money to get there. Otherwise, if you can come to North Austin to get him, he's yours.

Last edited:
Hi Kamiki,

I'm sure the last thing I need is a roo, but because we're neighbors, I need to ask about him (why? Because I'm a sucker for a pretty chicken).

So, why are you rehoming him? Is he noisy?

Yup, I live pretty much in the middle of the suburb. I'm worried his crowing will piss off someone and they'll raise a stink.

For now I'm keeping him the garage until late morning/early afternoon so he hopefully doesn't wake people up when he crows earlier than that. He's such a sweetheart and I tried to hold onto him for as long as I can... but he's getting more and more confident and crowing louder and louder.

Its not the worst rooster crowing I've heard, and it would be perfect for someone who had a bit more room than I do.

Will you ship him? I got a whole flock of ladies at my school that would love to love on him.

Will you ship him? I got a whole flock of ladies at my school that would love to love on him.

Thanks for your interest but I have found a home for him :) I probably wouldn't ship anyways since I've never done it before :eek:

Thanks for looking,though! I hope you find a good guy.

Back
Top Bottom