1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Gorgeous Lav SG Cockerel! PU in PA

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by rilly10, Jun 24, 2011.

1. rilly10

rilly10 Clover Field Farm

May 18, 2010
    Pottstown, PA
    For sale is a GORGEOUS Lavender Showgirl Cockerel. He is super sweet and will make an AWESOME breeder. He is just beautiful but I am very boy heavy! He should be old enough to breed very soon!

Pick Up ONLY in Pottstown, PA 19465

[​IMG]

2. cline93

cline93 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 29, 2010
    Hillsboro,Illinois
    Cute!! Wish you were able to ship:)

3. rilly10

May 18, 2010
    Pottstown, PA
    Thanks! I wish I could, but it has been so hot I am worried they won't fare well. I am sure I will have more in the fall though [​IMG]

4. Smokin Silkies

Smokin Silkies formerly browneyebuttafly

Mar 27, 2009
    Western, PA
    WOW!! I think Showgirls are funny looking and had no interest in them but this lil guy is just ADORABLE [​IMG] His coloring is beautiful! If you were a little closer I'd be VERY tempted to take him home with me! Whats the percentages of the chicks you would get from a SG boy and a Silkie girl?

5. hlf1996

hlf1996 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2011
    California
    Quote:X2 very very cute! And I love lavender colored chickens [​IMG]

6. rilly10

May 18, 2010
    Pottstown, PA
    Quote:Thanks guys! I just LOVE the lav sgs! They are my favorite [​IMG] Funny thing is, I thought they were fugly too, but they soooo grow on you.

I always pair showgirl roos with silkie girls. When you do this you will get half showgirls and half silkies. The silkies will not carry a showgirl gene, they either are one or are not one if that makes sense. This is the only pairing I do as if you breed sg to sg you will get all sgs but they will have totally bare necks (no bowtie), are usually beardless, and have more bare heads, almost like a receeding hairline. Some people like the look, but I prefer the fluffier showgirls. Here is my handy dandy chart form my website under the genetics tab on them:
    http://cloverfieldfarmsilkies.webs.com/genetics.htm

7. rilly10

May 18, 2010
    Pottstown, PA
    Just to clarify mine are all what I consider Bowties (due to the fluff on their necks). Like this roo:
    [​IMG]

A NN is one with a totally bare neck like this below (not my bird found the pic on google images)
    [​IMG]

And a silkie is a regular silkie [​IMG]

8. Smokin Silkies

Smokin Silkies formerly browneyebuttafly

Mar 27, 2009
    Western, PA
    Yikes, yeah the one with the bowtie is MUCH nicer looking. That NN is hideous in my opinion! [​IMG]

9. rilly10

May 18, 2010
    Pottstown, PA
    LOL! That's why I only breed silkie x bowtie [​IMG]

10. rilly10

May 18, 2010
    Pottstown, PA
    UPDATE!!!! I now have an extra porcelain silkie hen who can make a pair with this guy or the other LSG cockerel! She would be $75 and is ONLY offered with a cockerel!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by