Gorgeous longtail eggs

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Napalongtail, Sep 12, 2008.

1. Napalongtail

Napalongtail Longtail Longtimer

Jan 31, 2007
    NE Washington
    8 standard phoenix eggs
    I have 2 sets of 8+ eggs that I will sell for $30 includes shipping and insurance. Stags are "Fallon" Ruby Red on black hens, "Fabio" The Blond Mahogany Blue also on black hens (see pics here http://www.napalongtails.com/inlivingcolor.htm ) and" Kid Rock" the white on one of "Iceman"'s Daughters also white ( see pics here http://www.napalongtails.com/icingonthecake.htm ) . Each stag is with hand selected hens to compliment the genetics.These are the only eggs that will be offered from these pens and only offered here at BYC. Paypal to [email protected]

Last edited: Sep 12, 2008
  2. lockedhearts

lockedhearts It's All About Chicken Math

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    Somebody needs these guys! These birds are beautiful! How do I know???? I have 3 from JJ in my barn1!!!!

BTW, Leto gave me 2 eggs the last 2 days. Yep they are in the Bator, hoping for little Gogane or Leto Jr's

3. chickenlisa

chickenlisa Invincible Summer

Apr 9, 2007
    oh gosh, is that pic with the little white peeps great! I love it! They are so cute perching up there with their parents. You did put them there, didn't you? They look really young. I've got a question though, why is the string tied to the roos' legs in the photos where they are perching? I've got 1 silver Phoenix cockerel and 1 silver phoenix pullet. They live in my juvenile pen with the other young ones, but I need advice on long term care for them, if its different than for regular short tail chickens. Can you please PM me, so this thread doesn't veer off-course? Your birds are beautiful!
    Lisa

4. Napalongtail

Jan 31, 2007
    NE Washington
    Lisa the string is simply because I was photo shooting alone that day and even though the boys are very well behaved I wasn't about to leave my self open to having to chase one down on 10 acres. I too raise mine up free ranging with my common egg layer flocks however once in the breed pens they are handled daily to and from their turnout pens. Also the peeps can fly quite well at a week old and mommy took them up there. It was only 28 inches from there floor but they were in the top half of one of my double stack cubes which are 4ftx4ft. I am now using single stalls that are 6ft tall 4 ft deep and 3 ft wide for individual birds and pens that are 8ftx6ft for breed pens of trios. And I'm also posting my reply to Lisa here, I am always happy to answer anyones questions about these fabulous longtailed birds!!

5. Napalongtail

Jan 31, 2007
    NE Washington
    Any takers...

6. peachick

peachick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2007
    Maryland 21787
    If you could guarantee hens Id take them in a minute!!

I bought a dozen eggs from you this spring. They are such nice birds!! I love them. They share my silkie building and are such gentle birds, they do great with the silkies. They free range and are excellent about staying close to home.

I ended up with 6 males and 4 hens.

Thanks so much for these little jewels.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2008
  7. Napalongtail

Jan 31, 2007
    NE Washington
    Peachick, Thank you soo much for the pics!! 6and 4 wasn't bad our first early spring hatch yielded 24 babies 3 hens and 21 males, out of the second hatch we did a bit better with 5 females and only 12 males, and then to add insult to injury I only got 1 white male. He's lovely, but just 1. Thinking bout not selling eggs at all next year and pullets are going to be priced higher than the boys at this rate. [​IMG]

8. peachick

Aug 8, 2007
    Maryland 21787
    Ahhh wow those are crazy odds!!

I have 3 white males!! the other 3 males are all different. a birchen a silver, and a golden I think..... I had to look at your web site to learn the names :)

the hens are 2 blacks, one black with specks of gold on her chest (what is she) and one golden.... sure wish I had a white hen, but I guess Id get white babies if I bred a black to a white??

9. amazondoc

amazondoc Cracked Egghead

Mar 31, 2008
    Lebanon, TN
    Anybody got longtail/Phoenix eggs or chicks available right now??

An old friend of my father's has a son who loves chickens. My father would like to get him one or two special birds. The son especially wants some longtails. So I'm on the hunt!

If anybody knows of any available, please let me know!

10. peachick

Aug 8, 2007
    Maryland 21787
    I can send you a white and a birchin rooster about 8 months old.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by