Gorgeous Marans

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by soonerdog, Dec 27, 2007.

1. soonerdog

soonerdog Chillin' With My Peeps

I thought I would share this wonderful link with everyone. The link pertains to Marans, layers of the dark chocolate brown colored eggs! I was unaware there are so many colors in this breed. [​IMG] Soonerdog

http://www.bevsmarans.com/wheaten.htm

2. okiechick57

okiechick57 Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] You must STOP.........all those pretty birds, another coop being built......NOW I must get some of those [​IMG]

3. McGoo

McGoo Chillin' With My Peeps

I've been eyeing those marans for quite a while. I think I'll be getting some this spring. I think they're really beautiful birds and those eggs [​IMG]

4. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Bev does have the most beautiful Marans! I'm excited because due to a turn of events, a friend on BYC is going to hatch me a Blue Marans pullet! I never thought I'd have a blue bird that lays really dark eggs-how cool is that?!

5. noshoes

noshoes Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 26, 2007
    Tampa Bay, Florida
    Thse Wheaten hens are especailly lovely![​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 27, 2007
  6. jeaucamom

jeaucamom Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2007
    Ophir, CA
    Soonerdog.... I am never going to speak to you again. Don't you understand what you do to us easily influenced hatchaholics who don't even have their incubator yet!!! (UPS swears it is coming today [​IMG]) I just emailed this woman and I can't wait to see what she charges for hatching eggs. One of her links led me another site that charges $60 for a dozen. Ouch!! They are truly beautiful though!!

7. Wynette

Wynette Moderator Staff Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    I've chatted with Bev a few times; she's extremely dedicated to the breed, and won't sell hatching eggs until she has 2-3 years of consistent performance. She's got QUITE a long waiting list for eggs; she put me on it about a month ago, and I haven't heard back yet. [​IMG]

8. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I've been on her list to get eggs since last fall!! I can't wait till I get them!

9. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

This is a picture of a marans egg from this morning with a couple of others.[​IMG]

I hatched out 3 blues a couple of weeks ago and I'm hoping at least one is a roo because they came from some VERY dark eggs.

10. Arklady

Arklady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2007
    Kansas
    I have my name on the list but I am also working on getting some eggs from a gal who has theirs on the list and is getting eggs gathered for her now. But whether or not I get those is undetermined. I have a foundation quality Marans of my own. I am going to breed some of hers with my 3rd generation of girls and boost the quality.

I don't know how long this will take but hey... I appear to have plenty of time.

I am on the 2nd generation of my Braden line eggs. I will be using the eggs I get from Bev to start a new line. What ever that may end up being is in the future for now. For sure my second generations are looking really good and I will have some nice Cuckoo Trios available soon.

I appear to be getting a lot of Birchen coloring so I will be working with that. Birchen are so nice. [​IMG]

Arklady

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by