GORGEOUS s. cali roos have almost no time left!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by fallenweeble, Jan 4, 2008.

1. fallenweeble

fallenweeble Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 4, 2007
    UPDATE:
    A very kind lady called me today to let me know she was on her way to the shelter to get these guys out! OMG i'm so happy.
    thanks to eveyrone who send these guys some positive energy/prayers/happy thoughts!!!
    YIPPIE!!!!!!!!!

while at the shelter springing a tiny, sick, injured min pin yesterday the staff pulled me aside and begged me to take some chickens along with me because they were "about to be put down." i begged them to hang on for a few more days while i searched for homes.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    these two roos are robust and just really beautiful. these pics don't even do them justice. the story is that their owner hatched out eggs in her own flock but then these two roos started fighting with their "dad" once they got big. the owner took them to the shelter thinking that was a good place to get them new homes but, sadly, that plan has not worked out so well and these guys are nearing the "end."
    apparently they do fine together as they are housed in the same cage.
    if anyone is interested you can go directly to the city of los angeles west valley shelter:
    http://www.laanimalservices.org/wval_carecenter.htm
    OR, if you are within four hours of the san fernando valley i will go and pull the roosters out of the shelter myself and deliver them to you!
    (p.s. yesterday i took ONE rooster back home with me and the shelter waived the fee! they don't want to have to kill these guys so they are willing to make "adopting" them super easy!)

Last edited: Jan 6, 2008
  2. Chickemee

Chickemee Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2007
    Texas
    They are very beautiful but I'm to far away to get one.

3. fallenweeble

Dec 4, 2007
    chickemee,
    thanks for looking! i wish you were closer too.

anyone in s. cali who might have a little room?
    i will pull the roosters and bring them right to you - no work or money involved - just beautiful roosters for you!

f. weeble

4. Chickemee

Jul 30, 2007
    Texas
    How much more time do they have before they are put to sleep?

5. fallenweeble

Dec 4, 2007
    hi chickmee,
    the shelter was a bit inexact on this point. they didn't have a "scheduled" time, but rather it was indicated that "at any moment" they could be slated. the longer the animals stays the closer it gets to "the end."
    actually, i was a little afraid to check the shelter website today because i was concerned they would have already been put down.
    it's sad isn't it? but the shelter does have to make room for the new animals that come in - they deserve a chance to find new homes too . . .
    the good news is that the one roo that i was able to take home with me has found a new home! (he was the little black auraucana dude). i'm delivering him to his new "dad" tomorrow. i'm thinking that i might be able to give his quarantine spot to these two roos but my partner might just kill me if i do it. we'll see. sigh.
    thanks for keeping an eye on them. you know, i COULD look into how diffficult it would be to have them shipped to you. would you be interested? just let me know.
    thanks again,
    f. weeble

6. Chickemee

Jul 30, 2007
    Texas
    Isn't it haszzardous to ship big roos? Well, if that's there only chance the poor guy has then I will consider it, if it isn't to much trouble.

7. fallenweeble

Dec 4, 2007
    honestly i have no idea if it's hazzardous!
    i know it's hazzardous to be put to sleep at the shelter tho [​IMG]
    good news!
    i just got a call from a woman locally who said she is going to go pull the roosters out right NOW. she doesn't have chickens but she has other birds and several acres! yes. she said she is interested in also pulling some hens out of the shelter system so thats cool too!
    thanks chickemee for worrying with me about these birds. you rocketh!

8. Chickemee

Jul 30, 2007
    Texas
    That is great news! I was getting worried about asking my parents if I can adopt 2 roos from S. cali.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by