GORGEOUS Show Quality Ameraucana Roos (Black & Lavender)

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Jill Richardson, Jul 28, 2011.

1. Jill Richardson

Jill Richardson Out Of The Brooder

Dec 8, 2009
    I've got 2 absolutely beautiful Ameraucanas, both 4 1/2 mos old, not crowing yet but will soon. Both are very healthy and are fed organic soy-free feed, although they had medicated feed for the first few weeks of their life, before I got them. They've never had any diseases or problems. They are good with children.

I AM LOCATED IN SAN DIEGO AND WILL NOT SHIP MY CHICKENS. IF YOU WANT THEM, YOU NEED TO COME GET THEM, OR I WILL MEET YOU SOMEWHERE NEARBY.

Thorn, the Black Ameraucana:
    He's a total sweetie, very docile, doesn't mind being held and petted or eating out of your hand. Not too aggressive. He's show quality. He's so sweet that we were calling him "Rose" in hopes he'd be a girl, but changed it to "Thorn" (to go with the Rose theme) once he started growing beautiful roostery plumage. When I got him as a chick, I was told he's show quality. He has a lavender gene so if you breed him with a lavender hen, half the chicks will be lavender.

Angel, the Lavender Ameraucana:
    Angel's more aggressive than Thorn but not terribly so. He just gets very excited about food and wants to take it out of your hand, even if that means jumping up to get it. He's very outgoing and will gladly eat out of your hand, although he's less happy about being held (compared to Thorn). I'm not 100% sure he's a rooster, but I'm pretty sure. He's the lightest colored bird in the picture. (The middle bird is Daisy, my blue Ameraucana pullet.)

I paid $25 for Angel as a chick and $10 for Thorn. They were born March 11, and I got them about a week or so after that.

[​IMG]

2. Southernsilkies

Southernsilkies Out Of The Brooder

Sep 9, 2010
    Dallas, Ga.
    They are beautiful and I would really love to have one of them, BUT I live on the other side of the world from you. Georgia!! So sorry. Good luck selling them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by