Gosling eating hay

Discussion in 'Geese' started by bigbird, Apr 25, 2016.

1. bigbird

bigbird Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2008
    Northern Kentucky
    My geese coops all have straw floors. At what age can I put an incubated gosling in with the adults? He's three weeks old, and still wants to put everything in his mouth. He had plenty of food and water, wasn't overheated and had lots of room. I never had this problem with the other geese that were hatched by their mother. He was extremely accepted by the pair of geese I put him in with. He just wasn't too fond of them, and wanted me. He has been on flannel blankets. Thanks

2. bigbird

bigbird Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2008
    Northern Kentucky
    Thoughts, please!

Last edited: Apr 26, 2016
  3. mominoz

mominoz Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2009
    North Georgia
    Put him in with them. I have put some in at a couple days old, and some at several weeks old. If he is an only, he needs to realize he is a bird... You might put him with a separation during the day, and remove it at night ...all should go well... then I add some Flockraiser to the geese food, and separate so the babies have their own food... (he may freak a bit, because he thinks he is people....so you might have to have him separate for a couple days .... use your judgement....(in other words he may be afraid of them at first)....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by