Gosling poop

Aimeeg1986

Songster
Dec 28, 2020
My gosling is nearly 5 weeks old and is still having runny poop, he’s on the next size up crumb and he’s eating and drinking well, I’ve tried to up his fibre by giving him grass cuttings and greens but he’s not fussed on them, I cut some of my lawn out and put it in his house and he just lays on it, I just need to know when I should be worried, it was fine when he was smaller but now the poops are bigger I’m waking up to a lot of mess, I’m not worried about the mess but I don’t want him in it for long, is there any other way I can up his fibre until he can graze outside? Thank you

Attachments

• 9F351EE1-07E8-4944-8BFA-74CAABC301CD.jpeg
    9F351EE1-07E8-4944-8BFA-74CAABC301CD.jpeg
    460.9 KB · Views: 20
My gosling is nearly 5 weeks old and is still having runny poop, he’s on the next size up crumb and he’s eating and drinking well, I’ve tried to up his fibre by giving him grass cuttings and greens but he’s not fussed on them, I cut some of my lawn out and put it in his house and he just lays on it, I just need to know when I should be worried, it was fine when he was smaller but now the poops are bigger I’m waking up to a lot of mess, I’m not worried about the mess but I don’t want him in it for long, is there any other way I can up his fibre until he can graze outside? Thank you
Any ideas @Goosebaby ?

Sorry for the pic but this is it lol

Attachments

• 415BA683-1859-423B-84FA-FEE7712676B0.jpeg
    415BA683-1859-423B-84FA-FEE7712676B0.jpeg
    362.4 KB · Views: 9
You can try adding grass snips to a bowl of water, waterfowl naturally gravitate towards food in water and it might help him get used to the taste.

Sorry about the late reply, I posted earlier but now I can’t see my comment and I’m guessing I forgot to actually press “post reply.”

Back
Top Bottom