Nevermind!! Gosling Just Had Food in his Nose. 😅

GoslingHelpNeeded

In the Brooder
Apr 12, 2021
Hi there,

I’ve hatched two geese and they seem to be growing and doing very well until today. They’re a week old today and one of the goslings sounds slightly congested and I’m worried. His third eyelid is slightly covering his eye like dogs or cats when they are sick and he occasionally sneezes. I can hear his congestion when he exhales. I’m not sure what to do or how to help. His sister is completely fine and they have a nice warm heating lamp so I’m not sure how he even got sick. This only started up today. He’s been healthy and active so I’m really not sure..

***EDIT***

Well this is embarrassing. He’s totally fine again. It seems like he got some food stuck in his nose. He sneezed it out and I no longer hear congestion and his eyelid is tucked away again. I have no idea how to delete posts.

Last edited:
Hi there,

I’ve hatched two geese and they seem to be growing and doing very well until today. They’re a week old today and one of the goslings sounds slightly congested and I’m worried. His third eyelid is slightly covering his eye like dogs or cats when they are sick and he occasionally sneezes. I can hear his congestion when he exhales. I’m not sure what to do or how to help. His sister is completely fine and they have a nice warm heating lamp so I’m not sure how he even got sick. This only started up today. He’s been healthy and active so I’m really not sure..

***EDIT***

Well this is embarrassing. He’s totally fine again. It seems like he got some food stuck in his nose. He sneezed it out and I no longer hear congestion and his eyelid is tucked away again. I have no idea how to delete posts.
It’s better to worry than not. You’re a good goose parent 😊👍

Back
Top Bottom