Goslings .... African or Toulouse

lizareny

In the Brooder
9 Years
May 10, 2010
Got the Waterfowl Special from Cackle Hatchery....ended up with Rouen ducks, and I'm thinking these geese are African.....What do you think? They'll be one or the other, Cackle only carries 2 white breeds and 2 brown breeds of geese. They're so CUTE!!! They're already looking down their noses at me.

l_d325c250ec05452cbb651476c5685ebd.jpg

Last edited:
Maybe African.I hatched one last year.They are Toulouse though.I bought 24 Toulouse and they arrived their grey color as adults as babies.They are all cute though.Hope you enjoy them.

Looks like African to me... you lucky person. I wanted Africans, but didnt want to take the risk... so I paid the 9.15. Good luck!

They look African...my Toulouse had dark feet, but not that dark :0 my African had the super dark feet. Also, in the next couple months, the Toulouse beek will lighten up.
SOOOO adorable! Good luck
smile.png

Africans have very dark beaks whereas Toulouse have dark beaks. Kind of like the difference you would see between black and dark gray. It's a subtle difference. I was "fortunate" to have both breeds as babies at the same time, so I was able to spot the difference between them. (I say "fortunate" because I was supposed to get all Africans and a Toulouse was thrown in accidentally. In retrospect, the Toulouse was the best of the bunch and I'm happy I got her.)

They're cute either way. Enjoy!

Yes, I'll be happy with either breed. I'm just glad they made it healthy and 24 hrs later, they are all still doing great! I'll try and throw some more pics up later today, maybe take a few out in the natural light.

Back
Top Bottom