goslings aren't coming

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Sugar Sand Farm, May 23, 2007.

1. Sugar Sand Farm

Sugar Sand Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2007
    North Florida
    I'm bummed I just found out that the 6 goslings we ordered and two ducklings aren't coming. They should have been here today. My grandkids are really upset. The lady who we were ordering them from is in the hospital. I feel sorry for her but I am bummed big time. I ordered some more gosling and turkeys and two ducklings today but they won't be shipped until June 13th. By that time my grandkids will be away for the summer. They are really sad that they will miss bonding with the new arrivals. We also just found out we can't have any other kinds of ducks except white pekings here in Florida. I guess it has to do with wildlife or something anybody ever hear anything about that. We wanted Fawn and white Indian Runners. Now we have to settle for aflac ducks...... Micki

2. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    I am sorry for your disappointment. I don't think that whoever told you about only being able to own pekin ducks is correct. I know many people in FL who own different breeds of domestic ducks. You should be able to have runner if you want. Best to check with your local fish and wildlife department. Or email [email protected] and ask.

3. robbobbin

robbobbin Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 28, 2007
    I also feel sorry for your grandkids. It's never too early to start their appreciation for fowl. Perhaps you can find someone close by who has poultry and get some chicks for the grandkids, before they have to leave?

4. Sugar Sand Farm

Sugar Sand Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2007
    North Florida
    Thanks I checked Ideal poultry and they actually have a Florida Mix But he ordered them from Cackle. I will tell him tonight about Ideal and see what he says. The grandkids have raised baby chickens We have a flock of twenty that my little granddaughter can go in and pickup at any time. They were just so excited that we were going to have babies again. You know kids prefer little babies to adults. I guess wel will have to wait and see. Thanks for the understanding I knew ya'll would understand. Micki

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by