goslings have watery poo?

Discussion in 'Geese' started by picalowpiepi, Apr 27, 2017.

1. picalowpiepi

picalowpiepi Out Of The Brooder

Jan 12, 2017
    is it okay for very young goslings to have watery poo? I gave them food, some grit and lots of water. The only poop they had were right before giving them food and right after they got it, and they were both a yellow brown and watery. After those two times, nada. It's been 5 hours and they haven't pooped yet, is something wrong?

2. Ducks4us

Ducks4us Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2015
    North Idaho
    Do they still have food available?are they eating alot? They should always have food available. Mine have never went 5 hours without pooping....
    Are their vents clean? They dont have dried poop on their vent do they?
    how young are yours?

3. picalowpiepi

Jan 12, 2017
    They are about 2 days old and I kept the feed by them the whole time. I checked their vents, no dried poop. No poop in general. They are eating like pigs.

4. Ducks4us

Ducks4us Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2015
    North Idaho
    Huh, well hopefully someone with more experience comes along. Seems like a long time for not pooping . But if they are still acting fine and eating and drinking plenty then they should be pooping soon.
    Mine were already 3-4 days old when i got them. Thats good they are eating like crazy... Keep an eye on them. Did you give them alot of grit? They dont need the grit if your only feeding crumble...
    but if they are eating other things then they need a little grit. Or i gave mine a little bowl of dirt.

5. picalowpiepi

Jan 12, 2017
    Update: gosling pooped, but a really tiny gooey one. Basically just water. Humph... I hope you're right. I'll watch for sickly looking ones.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by