Goslings of 2014 Hatch-a-long

Discussion in 'Geese' started by 8GeeseALaying, Mar 3, 2014.

1. Since season is starting to begin for most of us, and with the suggestion of another member, i thought that i should start a thread for all of us who may be incubating or getting ready to incubate our eggs in hopes for some goslings this year. Whether it be by machine or goose or some other feathered broody, we can share our success or failures(hope not) and pics with eachother.
    Lets get to hatching! And Good luck :weee

Last edited: Mar 3, 2014
  2. flockman

flockman Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 6, 2010
    Northern Indiana
    I plan to join once we get some eggs.

3. Im trying very hard not slip my 3 eggs into the bator but i HAVE to wait, i have a special cross i want to work with first. I am expecting my other girls to start any day now. Soon i will be up to my eyeballs in eggs

1 person likes this.
  4. servpolice

servpolice Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Oct 10, 2013
    Ireland
    yes! Finally only geese hatchalong! Now ive African cross Embden/chinese in the incubater for 7 days now and they are my earliest eggs i ever had! And later in the month i will have alot more goose breeds to hatch :) ! Mixes and offcourse pure breeds

5. servpolice

Oct 10, 2013
    Ireland
    Oh and since im so unpatient ive put another egg in today

6. servpolice

Oct 10, 2013
    Ireland
    i will show ye the parents of the eggs in the incubator too

7. You are as bad as i am with having staggered hatches in the bator lol

8. psue

psue Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2012
    I decide what day or the week I'm setting eggs then only set goose once a week. I may however have chicken and ducks somewhere in the middle. [​IMG]

9. servpolice

Oct 10, 2013
    Ireland
    Yea i always plan my eggs but ive never had so early eggs so straight in the bator they went! Early goslings of a odd mix! :)

1 person likes this.
  10. Mine will be pure chinese, pure roman tufted, toulouse x roman tufted and my pair of chinese x roman tufted for the next generation of afro wearing knob heads lol
    So far only my one goose is laying but with what i have seen this week im expecting my other girls to lay any day now.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by