1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Goslings weak and dying off fast

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by griddles, Jun 19, 2007.

1. griddles

griddles Out Of The Brooder

May 11, 2007
    Northern Wisconsin
    I had five toulouse goslings, they are 2 weeks old, they were doing fine but in the last 48 hours I have lost three. They get weak and seperate themselves from the rest and then die. All this happens rather quickly. Their is a small chance they got medicated feed but Im not sure about that. Anyone have any suggestions? I dont want to lose anymore!!

2. Queen of the Lilliputians

Queen of the Lilliputians Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2007
    Maine
    I don't have any advice for you, but wanted to say I'm sorry and I hope that someone has some great advice soon. Poor little guys!

It might help if you know what the poop looks like, whether or not they are eating and drinking, etc.

Good luck with this. I hope your little ones are ok.

-Meghan

3. Barb Schuetz

Barb Schuetz Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2007
    Viroqua, WI
    If there's a chance they got medicated feed they are probably being poisoned. Replace the food promptly, make sure they get plenty of water and cross your fingers. There may be nothing more you can do than hope. [​IMG]

4. griddles

griddles Out Of The Brooder

May 11, 2007
    Northern Wisconsin
    Thank you, I just dont know what I'm doing wrong. Everything else is fine- an old farmer I know said that maybe they are being handled too much and I should leave them all be.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by