goslings won't eat or drink

Discussion in 'Geese' started by sourgum, Mar 8, 2016.

1. sourgum

sourgum New Egg

Mar 8, 2016
    oklahoma
    Hello all, today I purchased two goslings from the local fees store. I am new to raising geese but have had a flock of healthy free ranging chickens and ducks for about half a year so I'm not a complete novice.

My concern is that these goslings have not drank any water or ate any food since they've been home with us. We have dipped their beaks in water several times and have showed them food multiple times. We have them separated from the other birds. They are staying in my lawn mower trailer with fresh straw bedding and have a red brooder light to keep them warm. The food is nutrena started grower.

Any advice to get these guys going or is this natural for feed store geese? They don't seem to be unhealthy in any way...they do however get upset when we leave them alone.

2. Carrosaur

Carrosaur Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2014
    Nashville, TN

How old are they? Pictures?

3. sourgum

sourgum New Egg

Mar 8, 2016
    oklahoma
    [​IMG]

They are probably a week old or less. We brought them inside so we can monitor the temp better.

4. sourgum

sourgum New Egg

Mar 8, 2016
    oklahoma
    **update**

They are doing better since we've brought them inside with us. They are now eating and drinking like they should.

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by