Gossip at the feed store

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by jasonm11, Nov 6, 2011.

1. jasonm11

jasonm11 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 18, 2010
    tioga tx
    Is it just me or is the gossip at the feed store as bad as you would see on tv with women at the hair salon? I stopped in at a new feed store the other day and before I left with my feed I found out about everyone that was doing anything in the surrounding area. I could not help but to laugh with my wife as I am not a big talker and this was the first time I went in the place. [​IMG]

2. jeepguy982001

jeepguy982001 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 4, 2011
    athens, wv
    lol i think it is. Sometimes its like i walked onto the set of a soap opera lol

3. Not at the Feedstore I shop at, nice people and no Gossip that I have ever heard.

4. ScottyHOMEy

ScottyHOMEy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2011
    Waldo County, Maine
    Quote:Gasp! [​IMG]

Gossip at the feed mill?

Apart from their tone and what they choose to talk about, they ain't much diiference between old farts and old biddies when it comes to the propensity to discuss other people's business.

5. jasonm11

jasonm11 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 18, 2010
    tioga tx
    Quote:Gasp! [​IMG]

Gossip at the feed mill?

Apart from their tone and what they choose to talk about, they ain't much diiference between old farts and old biddies when it comes to the propensity to discuss other people's business.

I thought it was pretty funny alright. I can tell you stories that would make youre head spin, that is what I heard anyway. Oh I guess its harmless, just didnt expect it. I have shaved my head for the last twenty years so I never got into the barbershop scene, but I bet its the same there.

6. peteyfoozer

peteyfoozer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2011
    SE Oregon
    I think feed stores are the worst. A new one opened up in the town we used to live in. I went in and learned that if I didn't know what I was doing, I could always go up there and find out. No one there even know who i was. I didn't want to confuse them with the facts. Worst gossipers in the world, for sure![​IMG]

7. TigerLilly

TigerLilly I failed Chicken Math

Jul 18, 2010
    Central Florida
    I don't know about gossip, but I sure learn a lot of stuff when I go to the feed store! While I'm waiting my turn, I always listen to what's going on--as long as it's about animals. I really have learned different ways of doing things, made some great contacts, etc.
    Can't say much about the hairdresser's--had to give that up to feed the animals...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by