1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Got 3 new Call Ducks !!!!! ** Pics Added** Help on Color??

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Bec, Mar 7, 2009.

1. Bec

Bec THE Delaware Blue Hen

Today I went to the 33rd annual Delmarva Poultry show! It was a blast!! BUT I fell in love with the call ducks, and bought 3 for 20! They are so cute! I haven't gotten any pictures yet, we got back and it was almost dark.

The bad part is, I set them up in their pen and on my out, one slipped past me and flew over to a nearby pond. I can't get her to come back [​IMG] I really hope she hears the other 2 calling and comes back!

The lady who sold them to me said they aren't the best flyers, but this little lady had no problem!

Last edited: Mar 8, 2009
  2. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I hope she comes back too. Mine are very good flyers, so I keep them in an enclosed pen.

3. Bec

My little male mallard heard her over there, waddled on over, but he didn't come back with her. I am hoping she will come back with everyone tomorrow

4. momma's chickens

momma's chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2008
    Idaho
    Hi, did you new duck come back yet?

5. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

I hope she comes back. Good Luck with them.

I dont know why the lady would say they arent good at flying. Calls are very good fliers.

6. Bec

No, the little female didn't come back today, I am very upset [​IMG] . In all reality, I should have done my research first, but it is what it is now and I have to do the best I can for them!

The other 2 are settled in nicely and really enjoyed their bath today! Tonight they even came right over to me [​IMG]

I will post pictures in a few minutes, I have to load up the pics!

7. Bec

Here are the male and female that are here...the lost one didn't even give me a chance to get a pic before she made the mad dash and flew the coop!

What color are they? Are they the Blue? That is the only thing that looks similar! (judging off of feathersite pics)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 8, 2009
  8. stormie

stormie Out Of The Brooder

Jun 23, 2008
    MO
    They look Black and Blue Swedish.

9. runamuck

runamuck Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2008
    Northern michigan
    They are blue. I call them blue bibbed but the show color is blue

10. Hello! I also bought a couple calls! A pair of white from the one guy on the end and a pastel drake the next aisle over. Did you buy them from the guy the second aisle over? I can't remember his name off the top of my head--I bought from him last year. I think these might be mixed because calls beaks should be short and compact. These ducks, while very pretty, I believe are mixed with a call. He owns hundreds of ducks as well as a ton of different breeds and all of his free range, so they have probably cross mated with another breed.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by