GOT 3 NEW HENS TODAY :)

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Bi0sC0mp, May 18, 2008.

1. Bi0sC0mp

Bi0sC0mp Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2008
    Raiford,FLA
    [​IMG][​IMG] Got 3 new hens today they are 6 months old one is RIR the other 2 are a crossmix between RIR and a BA..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

they not use to my other 3 hens yet so they hang out on the roost come down from time to time but seems for now thats there favorite spot..

2. Sparks

Sparks Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2007
    WI
    Nice. I just paid too much for 4 Blue Wyandottes. Weak moment. Did you quarentine them @ all? Like you coop set-up. Show more.[​IMG]

3. Bi0sC0mp

Apr 21, 2008
    Raiford,FLA
    nope no quarentine did this due to the fact come from same place and all my other 3 came from and the 2 crossmix ones there daddy is my big RIR roo [​IMG] another reason i got them only gave $7 each for them..

4. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    congratulations on them......they are beautiful!!!! I especially love the looks of the lightest hen on the right in the pics.....she is my favorite [​IMG]

5. Bi0sC0mp

Apr 21, 2008
    Raiford,FLA
    yeah i like her a lot she got some real pretty color to her seems a RIR AND BA make a pretty breed when crossed

6. Cheep Mama

Cheep Mama Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    Michigan
    Very pretty![​IMG]

7. Sparks

Sparks Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2007
    WI
    Nice not having to quarantine them. I can`t wait to put mine all together. I am working the chicken tractor out toward the coop. 3 weeks left. I paid $10 each for mine.

8. chicknhawaii

chicknhawaii Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2008
    Honolulu, HI
    They are pretty girls! GREAT you don't have to quarantine! [​IMG]

I love the color of the middle hen. LOL I can't even get my one hen to be still for pics, I am amazed you could get all three in a pic at a time! [​IMG]

9. Bi0sC0mp

Apr 21, 2008
    Raiford,FLA
    yeah i try to buy my chickens from the same guy.. he has some good healthy birds and chics and never had a problem with any of them so.. middle hen is a RIR

Last edited: May 18, 2008
  10. sara

sara Title Needed Here

Quote:I respectfully disagree. All birds should be put in quarentine. What is to say that his birds have not been exposed to something since the last time you got birds from this person.

They are pretty though. [​IMG] Although I though RIR had yellow legs.

Last edited: May 18, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by